January 11, 2013

DIY: Sugar body scrub

Trying new things is one of my favourite things to do, so today I decided to make myself a scrub it took me about 2 minutes and when I washed my skin with that... ohh boy, it felt amazing! To make your own body scrub follow these easy steps:


Why lemon and oil?

Lemon -  naturally brighten your skin and fades scars as well. If your skin is oily, lemon juice may be applied to your face to reduce the oiliness. The citric acid contained in lemon juice works as a mild skin peel by removing the outermost layer of your skin
Oil - good for the skin. Using extra virgin olive oil works as an amazing and inexpensive moisturizer for your skin day and/or night.

Let's get started!
Place two tablespoons of sugar (or salt) to a cup. 
Place half that amount of oil ( in this case 1 spoon). You can also use baby oil.
Then take lemon and squeeze a bunch of juice in your cup. (if you are allergic to lemons you can just do it with the sugar and olive oil).
Then mix everything with a spoon.
Don't freak out if the sugar settles to the bottom. It's virtually impossible to keep it mixed. So it took me about 2 minutes to make, I only made enough scrub for one time in the shower, but you can make a bunch of it to last you longer and if you do, don't forget to put it in the fridge.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome ...thank you :D

Sandra said...

No problem, you will love your skin afterwards!

Rachel Elsewhere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

This worked great! Can you please checkout my blog sometime? I'm very new! www.racheliselsewhere.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...